wylieshanks architects - Schedule of rates
Schedule of rates
|Initial visit||Free of charge|
|Initial report||£500 (refer note 6 below)|
|New Build||7% of project value|
10% of project value
Time charged at £65 per hour
|Site or building surveys or inspection|
|Site or option appraisal|
|Specialist consultants||At cost if required|
|Local authority consent fees||By client (an estimate will be provided in the Initial Report).|
|Outline proposal||15% of fee|
|Scheme design; Planning application||20% of fee|
|Detail Design; Warrant application||25% of fee|
|Specifications; contract documents||15% of fee|
|Tender action||5% of fee|
|Site works||20% of fee|
- The above rates, to comply with normal construction industry standards, are exclusive of VAT, which will be charged at the prevailing rate.
- The rates include normal expenses such as local travel and prints. Unusual expenses such as long distance travel or colour reproduction may be additionally charged by prior agreement.
- Invoices are issued at stage (or agreed part stage) completion, and on 14 day payment terms. The client must settle prior to commencing the next stage.
- Copyright on all drawings and designs remains with Wylie Shanks Architects.
- The appointment and scope of service will be in accordance with the current edition of the Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland Conditions of Appointment, sections 1 and 2, and as adjusted in the Initial Report. A copy of this will be issued at Step 4, or upon request. The contents of this brochure are not intended to form part of the contract.
- The Initial report fee is an advance payment to the fee account, but only if our service reaches tender stage.
- Commissions below £50,000 if accepted will attract a minimum fee of £5,000.